Recipe by JamiLeigh
Tender meatballs with a surprize center. My children's favorite meal. They call them surprise meatballs. There are never any left overs.
Top Review by scimietta99
sorry jami but this recipe doesn't work too well. there is too much liquid.... it is such a lovely idea so i tried this twice nd found that 1 to 2 tbs of milk was about right. cooking the meatballs in the sauce gave them a lovely flavor and everyone loved the melted cheese centres.
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 cup Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons dehydrated onion
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 4 ounces mozzarella cheese
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 26 ounces spaghetti sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- Stir together egg, milk, garlic powder, onion and bread crumbs.
- Mix in ground beef.
- Divide meat mixture into 20 equal sized pieces.
- Cut cheese into 20 equal sized pieces.
- Roll each piece meat around a piece of cheese, making sure to completely seal the cheese inside of the ball.
- Preheat oil in skillet.
- Add meatballs to pan.
- Brown lightly on all sides.
- When meatballs are browned cover with spaghetti sauce and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to a simmer, cover and cook 10 more minutes.
- Serve over you favorite pasta, or make a sub sandwich.