I Miss the Blue Parrot Meatballs
photo by Jennibear
- Ready In:
- 1hr 10mins
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 lb Italian sausage
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup Italian breadcrumbs
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄3 cup parmesan cheese
- Combine all ingredients together in a mixing bowl. Shape mixture into 8 large balls (about the size of a baseball). Place on a baking sheet and bake for 60 minutes at 350 degrees. Add to your favorite marinara sauce and serve with pasta.
- Or make 12 tennis ball sized meatballs and bake for 45 minutes.
- Or make 24 golf ball sized meatballs and bake for 30 minutes.
- Or make 48 gumball sized meatballs and bake for 20 minutes.
- Random Advice: If your raw meatballs are ugly and not perfectly round - they will NOT look any better after you cook them. I was hoping they would magically look perfect after baking - but they don’t -- Still ugly. Shape your meatballs with care. Don’t worry - the sauce will cover them!
- Line your baking sheet with foil for easy clean up.
- I don’t like to touch raw meat - so I wear two sandwich baggies on my hands when rolling balls since I don’t have plastic kitchen gloves. We also use a potato masher to mix up everything. I know hands work better - but I just won’t touch it. I don’t like other people touching my food either -- just sayin!
- You can cry a little about your delicious meatballs -- now go and enjoy!
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!