1/2 Photos of Moroccan Spiced Veal
The spices and the soft, fragrant meat make this dish perfect for a family meal or for a larger gathering.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups diced tomatoes
- 2 1/2 cups chickpeas
- 8 veal fillets
- 2 small onions
- 1 sweet potato
- 3 cups mushrooms
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup white wine
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon turmeric
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ginger
- 1 tablespoon coriander leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon chili pepper
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon garlic
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1Chop onions and sweet potato.
- 2Microwave sweet potato for 3 minutes.
- 3Prepare spices in a bowl, mix.
- 4Heat oil in a very large pan
- 5stir fry onions, mushrooms and sweet potatoes and chickpeas in oil and spices on medium heat.
- 6After 5 min, add the tomatoes, the lemon juice and chicken broth.
- 7raise the heat, and place the fillets on top of everything in pan.
- 8Allow liquid in pan to boil.
- 9Place fillets under liquid, immerse them completely.
- 10Place a cover on the pan.
- 11Cook, check, and turn over fillets.
- 12Cook until fillets are a soft gray color. (test to make sure the inside is also cooked).
- 13Remove fillets and cut into smaller cubed pieces
- 14Replace veal into pan and allow to simmer for 5 minutes.
Browse Our Top Stew Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Moroccan Spiced Veal
Serving Size: 1 (237 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 200.7
- Calories from Fat 43
- Total Fat 4.8 g
- Saturated Fat 0.6 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 427.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 30.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.9 g
- Sugars 4.8 g
- Protein 6.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: