The spices and the soft, fragrant meat make this dish perfect for a family meal or for a larger gathering.
- 2 cups diced tomatoes
- 2 1⁄2 cups chickpeas
- 8 veal fillets
- 2 small onions
- 1 sweet potato
- 3 cups mushrooms
- 1⁄2 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup white wine
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon turmeric
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ginger
- 1 tablespoon coriander leaves
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili pepper
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon garlic
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Chop onions and sweet potato.
- Microwave sweet potato for 3 minutes.
- Prepare spices in a bowl, mix.
- Heat oil in a very large pan
- stir fry onions, mushrooms and sweet potatoes and chickpeas in oil and spices on medium heat.
- After 5 min, add the tomatoes, the lemon juice and chicken broth.
- raise the heat, and place the fillets on top of everything in pan.
- Allow liquid in pan to boil.
- Place fillets under liquid, immerse them completely.
- Place a cover on the pan.
- Cook, check, and turn over fillets.
- Cook until fillets are a soft gray color. (test to make sure the inside is also cooked).
- Remove fillets and cut into smaller cubed pieces
- Replace veal into pan and allow to simmer for 5 minutes.
Loved the spiciness and ease of preparation. My husband just said mmm, mmmm, mmmmmmmm.