Recipe by Elmotoo
I found this at a website for a brand of spices.
Top Review by COOKGIRl
The first batch I added the optional honey and burnt the nuts! Also, if you add the honey perhaps lower the temperature by 25 degrees or so. The house smelled wonderful while the second batch was slowly roasting. Great combination of flavors and easy, too (used homemade ras el hanout!). Made for NA*ME tag/Autumn.
- 1 cup cashews, unsalted
- 1 cup peanuts, unsalted
- 1 cup pistachios, unsalted
- 3 tablespoons ras el hanout spice mix
- 1 tablespoon salt
- juice of one lime
Directions See How It's Made
- In a bowl mix the lime juice, spice and salt. Add the nuts and stir until well coated.
- Bake on a low oven at 300F/150?C/Gas mark 2 for one hour, stirring the nuts from time to time. Allow to cool before serving and store in an air-tight container.
- Moroccan Sweet & Spicy mixed nuts:.
- Add 2 TB honey and 1 TB water to the spice mix. Repeat the cooking process as above.