1/5 Photos of Moroccan Rice Pilaf With Saffron
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups long grain rice
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 -2 cinnamon stick
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (to taste)
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon white pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1/4 cup peas (fresh or frozen)
- 1 red bell pepper, finely chopped (or yellow bell pepper)
- 1 carrot, finely chopped
- 4 1/2 cups chicken stock or 4 1/2 cups vegetable stock
- 1/4 teaspoon saffron thread, crushed
- 1In a sauce pan, heat the stock almost to boiling.
- 2Meanwhile, mix the remaining ingredients (except the saffron) in a very large skillet or shallow stock pot.
- 3Cook the rice and vegetables over medium heat, stirring frequently, for about 10 minutes, or until the onions are translucent and the rice begins to color.
- 4Add the stock and saffron to the rice, stirring only once. Bring the stock to a simmer, and taste for salt.
- 5Adjust the seasoning if desired.
- 6Cover the rice, reduce the heat to low, and simmer gently and undisturbed, for about 25 minutes, or until the liquid is absorbed and the rice is tender.
- 7Fluff the rice with a fork, and serve.
Browse Our Top Long-Grain Rice Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Moroccan Rice Pilaf With Saffron
Serving Size: 1 (231 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 586.4
- Calories from Fat 149
- Total Fat 16.6 g
- Saturated Fat 5.6 g
- Cholesterol 23.3 mg
- Sodium 746.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 92.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.5 g
- Sugars 8.1 g
- Protein 14.9 g