Moroccan Rice Pilaf
photo by Wls14
- Ready In:
- 2 cups white rice
- 4 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 medium onion
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1 Thai chile, chopped
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1⁄2 cup white wine
- 1 handful Italian parsley
- 4 sprigs mint
- 10 ounces mixed dried figs, dates and apricots
- 2 pinches saffron
- salt and pepper
- 4 pieces crystallized ginger, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄3 cup sliced almonds
- Melt 2 tablespoons with olive oil in a medium saucepan.
- Saute onion until soft.
- Add garlic and chili and saute.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Add rice and saute until slightly toasted.
- Meanwhile heat chicken broth in microwave or other pot on stove.
- Add saffron crushing slightly to broth and let steep.
- When rice is slightly toasted add wine and stir to combine stirring as it boils off and most of the liquid cooks off.
- Add broth and stir to combine.
- Bring to boil, cover and reduce to simmer.
- After 10 minutes add the almonds, chopped dried fruits and ginger.
- Allow to cook another 10 minutes.
- Add remaining butter and chopped herbs.
- Cover pot, remove from heat, and leave covered for 10 minutes.
- Uncover and fluff with a fork, taste for seasoning and serve in a large bowl garnishing with extra chopped herbs and extra toasted almonds.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!