I haven't made this it comes from a Good Taste magazine. Putting it here as I want to try it myself. I would say it would go well with char grilled lamb cutlets
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 200 g basmati rice
- 500 -750 ml chicken stock
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 yellow onion, halved and finely chopped
- 65 g slivered almonds
- 80 g pine nuts, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 pinch chili powder (your taste)
- 65 g raisins
- 1 orange, rind cut into very thin strips, juiced
- 1/3 cup loosely packed coarsely chopped fresh coriander
- fresh goround pepper, to your taste
- 1Rinse rice under cold water until water runs clear; drain.
- 2Place rice in a microwave-safe rice cooker or bowl.
- 3Add enough stock until it covers the rice by 2cm.
- 4Cover with a lid or a double layer of plastic wrap and Cook on High/800watts/100% for 5 minutes.
- 5Cook on Medium/500watts/50% for a further 7 minutes.
- 6Remove from microwave and set aside.
- 7Meanwhile place oil, onion, almonds, pine nuts, cumin, turmeric, cinnamon and chili powder in a microwave safe rice cooker or bowl.
- 8Cook uncovered stirring every minute on High for 3 to 4 minutes or until the nuts are toasted and the mixture is fragrant.
- 9Add raisins, orange rind and juice.
- 10Cook on high for 1 minute.
- 11Add the nut mixture and coriander to the rice and stir gently to combine.
- 12Taste and season with salt and pepper.
Browse Our Top Long-Grain Rice Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Long-Grain Rice Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Moroccan Rice
Serving Size: 1 (299 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 599.9
- Calories from Fat 286
- Total Fat 31.8 g
- Saturated Fat 3.2 g
- Cholesterol 3.8 mg
- Sodium 215.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 69.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.0 g
- Sugars 17.7 g
- Protein 14.7 g