Recipe by JustJanS
I made this tonight. It's loosely based on a recipe from the Marie Claire cookbook Zest and I used Ras el Hanout spice mix in it. I have a recipe for that here-the no. is 80983
- 1 large lemon, juice of
- 1 large lemon, zest of
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, sliced
- 2 teaspoons ras el hanout spice mix
- 4 lamb fillets, trimmed (about 500g total weight)
- 1 cup flat leaf parsley
- 20 mint leaves, roughly chopped
- 20 leaves fresh oregano
- 2 vine-ripened tomatoes, roughly chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix together the lemon juice, zest, olive oil, garlic and spice mix in a ceramic or non-reactive bowl.
- Add the lamb back-straps, cover and refrigerate 3 hours or over night.
- Remove the lamb from the marinade and seal in a pan over high heat.
- Cook to your liking medium/medium rare is best; allow to rest for a few minutes.
- Toss the fresh herbs and tomatoes together and divide between 4 plates.
- Slice the lamb on the diagonal across the grain and arrange over the salads.