1/1 Photo of Moroccan Lamb
I made this tonight. It's loosely based on a recipe from the Marie Claire cookbook Zest and I used Ras el Hanout spice mix in it. I have a recipe for that here-the no. is 80983
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 large lemon, juice of
- 1 large lemon, zest of
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, sliced
- 2 teaspoons ras el hanout spice mix
- 4 lamb fillets, trimmed (about 500g total weight)
- 1 cup flat leaf parsley
- 20 mint leaves, roughly chopped
- 20 leaves fresh oregano
- 2 vine-ripened tomatoes, roughly chopped
- 1Mix together the lemon juice, zest, olive oil, garlic and spice mix in a ceramic or non-reactive bowl.
- 2Add the lamb back-straps, cover and refrigerate 3 hours or over night.
- 3Remove the lamb from the marinade and seal in a pan over high heat.
- 4Cook to your liking medium/medium rare is best; allow to rest for a few minutes.
- 5Toss the fresh herbs and tomatoes together and divide between 4 plates.
- 6Slice the lamb on the diagonal across the grain and arrange over the salads.
Browse Our Top Lamb/Sheep Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lamb/Sheep Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Moroccan Lamb
Serving Size: 1 (110 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 114.9
- Calories from Fat 94
- Total Fat 10.4 g
- Saturated Fat 1.4 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 12.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 7.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.5 g
- Sugars 1.7 g
- Protein 1.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
lemons, zest of
ras el hanout spice mix