Recipe by Sue Lau
Grilled with a nice charred flavor and exotic spice, these go great with a salad and a side of couscous. You can also cook these under the broiler as well as the grill.
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1⁄3 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1⁄2 teaspoon mint
- 1⁄4 teaspoon marjoram
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 24 bamboo skewers or 24 metal skewers
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix together all ingredients until blended.
- Chill for 45 minutes to 1 hour.
- If using bamboo skewers, soak them for 35 minutes to an hour.
- Oil your hands, and divide meat into 24 portions.
- Take one portion and shape into an elongated patty like a torpedo and run a skewer through it.
- Set on waxed paper until time to cook.
- Repeat with remaining meat portions.
- Grill for 6 minutes until cooked through.