Moroccan Fish Skewers / Kebabs
This is a popular dish from Morocco. Serve with Recipe #260654 (Prep time does not include marinating time.)
- Ready In:
- 1 1⁄2 lbs firm white fish fillets (porgy, monkfish, cod, etc)
- 1⁄2 onion, grated
- 1 garlic clove, peeled & finely chopped
- 3 -4 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons fresh Italian parsley, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄4 teaspoon turmeric
- 1⁄4 teaspoon powdered saffron
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- Cut the fish into 1 inch cubes. Combine all the other ingredients then carefully mix in with the fish. Cover & let marinate in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours.
- Place the fish cubes on metal skewers & cook on the grill. Turn the skewers often so the fish does not burn. It is done once all the sides are lightly browned.
- Serve with harissa or hot red pepper sauce and thick bread.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
Very good flavour indeed... the one and only problem was gettin gthe fish to stick onto the skewers and not break apart in the middle, so I endedup with a lot if "bits"of fish. next time I make this I will keep the fish fillet whole, marinate overnight and just grill them as whole pieces. Please see my Rating System: 4 excellent stars for a very tasty recipe that I will be making again soon becuase the flavours are wonderful. Thanks!Reply