Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Cook time does not include marinating time.
Make and share this Moroccan-Inspired Flank Steak recipe from Food.com.
- 3 -4 lbs flank steaks
- 1 small onion, minced
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
- 4 tablespoons minced ginger
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons flat leaf parsley, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon sherry wine
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon grated nutmeg (optional)
- Place flank steak in a shallow baking dish. Combine remaining ingredients and pour over meat. Turn steak a few times to coat well. Cover and place into refrigerator for 6-12 hours.
- Preheat grill from medium heat.
- Remove steak from dish and place onto grill. Cook for 8-10 minutes per side.
- When meat reaches desired doneness, remove and allow to sit for 5-7 minutes before slicing.
This was really tasty! I used a 1.75-lb. flank steak, so I halved the ingredients. I let this marinate for 24 hours, which really let the spices soak in. This smelled delicious while it was on the grill. Thanks for sharing this. Made for ZWT6 by a RedHot Renegade.
Great marinated steak! I made it as written and cooked it on the gas grill for 6 minutes per side. It came out tender and juicy with a great flavor. Thanks for sharing. Made for ZWT 6.