Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
From the World Healthiest Foods website- sounds delicious!
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced into strips
- 14.79 ml vegetable broth
- 5 medium garlic cloves, minced
- 1 medium red bell pepper
- 1 medium eggplant
- 2.46 ml red pepper flakes
- 9.85 ml turmeric
- 2.46 ml garam masala
- 425.24 g can garbanzo beans
- 425.24 g can red lentils, drained
- 118.29 ml tomato sauce
- 295.73 ml vegetable broth
- 14.79 ml fresh cilantro, chopped
- Chop pepper and eggplant into 1-inch chunks. Saute the onion in 1 T vegetable broth for 5 minutes.
- Add garlic, bell pepper, eggplant, and turmeric and garam masala.
- Stir constantly to mix ingredients for one minute before adding the rest of the broth and the tomato sauce. It is important to let the seasonings heat up before adding the liquids.
- Stir and cover to simmer for 15 minutes or until vegetables are tender, stirring occasionally.
- Mix in chili flakes, beans, and lentils then simmer for another 5 minutes. Season to taste with salt and pepper, adding cilantro as a finishing touch immediately prior to serving.