1/4 Photos of Moroccan Chicken Stew, Crock Pot
6 hrs 30 mins
Raisins, apricots, and a delicious blend of spices make this slow-cooker stew hard to resist. *NOTE*: I have now reduced the amount of tomato paste to 2 tbsp (originally 1/4 cup). Thanks Toni.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 carrots, peeled and sliced
- 2 large onions, halved and thinly sliced
- 2 lbs skinless chicken pieces
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup dried apricot, coarsely chopped
- 1 (14 ounce) can chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ground black pepper
- hot cooked couscous (whole wheat preferred)
- pine nuts, toasted
- fresh cilantro (optional)
- 1In a 5- to 6-quart slow cooker place carrots and onions.
- 2Sprinkle chicken with 1/2 teaspoon salt.
- 3Add to cooker; top chicken with raisins and apricots.
- 4In bowl whisk broth, tomato paste, flour, lemon juice, garlic, cumin, ginger, cinnamon and the ground black pepper.
- 5Add to cooker.
- 6Cover; cook on low-heat setting for 6-1/2 to 7 hours (or on high-heat setting for 3-1/2 to 4 hours).
- 7Serve in bowls with couscous.
- 8Sprinkle with nuts.
- 9Garnish with cilantro. Serves 4.
Browse Our Top Stew Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Moroccan Chicken Stew, Crock Pot
Serving Size: 1 (399 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 313.6
- Calories from Fat 39
- Total Fat 4.3 g
- Saturated Fat 1.0 g
- Cholesterol 68.9 mg
- Sodium 516.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 44.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.8 g
- Sugars 27.0 g
- Protein 26.8 g