Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
This a delicious salad with a nice touch of cinnamon.
Make and share this Moroccan Carrot and Cinnamon Salad recipe from Food.com.
- Place a steamer rack in the bottom of a medium saucepan.
- Add enough water to come almost up to the bottom of the rack.
- Place saucepan over medium heat. When water boils, add carrots, cover saucepan, and cook 5 minutes or until carrots are tender crisp. Drain.
- Place carrots in a medium bowl.
- While carrots are cooking, combine remaining ingredients in a small bowl.
- Mix well. Spoon over hot carrots, tossing until carrots are well coated.
- Chill several hours or overnight to blend flavors.
- Mix before serving.
- Cook time does not include chilling time.
Absolutely delicious! Everyone loved it! The only change I would make is to use 1tsp cinnamom so it's more pronounced, as the name implies plus reduce the cumin because it is so strong. Made for ZWT9, Mike & the Appliance Killers., Spice It Up! Challenge.
Love, love, love this salad!! This goes together very quickly and easily, but packs a ton of flavor. The predominate spice is cumin, which I am a HUGE fan of, with underlying tones of cinnamon...delicious!! Thank you for sharing this wonderful recipe...it is definitely a keeper!! Made for ZWT9 North Africa for The Apron String Travelers.
The carrots are just the right texture - just a little softened - and the flavor blend is fabulous. Made for ZWT9.