Recipe by morgainegeiser
This a delicious salad with a nice touch of cinnamon.
Top Review by Elmotoo
Absolutely delicious! Everyone loved it! The only change I would make is to use 1tsp cinnamom so it's more pronounced, as the name implies plus reduce the cumin because it is so strong. Made for ZWT9, Mike & the Appliance Killers., Spice It Up! Challenge.
- 1 lb carrot, cut into 1/4 inch strips
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons oil
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon parsley, dried
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
Directions See How It's Made
- Place a steamer rack in the bottom of a medium saucepan.
- Add enough water to come almost up to the bottom of the rack.
- Place saucepan over medium heat. When water boils, add carrots, cover saucepan, and cook 5 minutes or until carrots are tender crisp. Drain.
- Place carrots in a medium bowl.
- While carrots are cooking, combine remaining ingredients in a small bowl.
- Mix well. Spoon over hot carrots, tossing until carrots are well coated.
- Chill several hours or overnight to blend flavors.
- Mix before serving.
- Cook time does not include chilling time.