Breakfast Apple Fritters
- Ready In:
- sift together the flour, salt, baking powder, cinnamon, and sugar.set aside.
- in a large mixing bowl, bet the egg lightly.
- add the milk and vanilla and blend.
- peel and core the apples, chop finely (use your food processor) and toss with the lemon juice.
- add the dry ingredients gradually to the milk mixture, then add the apples, blend.
- heat an electric skillet to 365*.
- add enough oil to reach 1/4" deep.Drop the batter by heaping teaspoonfuls into the skillet, patting each fritter down a bit.
- but they will be approximately 2 1/2" in diameter.
- fry until golden on on eside.then turn and brown the second side.
- transfer to a platter and keep warm in the oven while you fry the rest.
- serve with warmed maple syrup.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I love cooking, and reading Christian fiction..I have 5 grandchildren..4 boys and 1 spoiled granddaughter...I also have a black cocker spaniel named Tobey..who is very spoiled..Love computer games, cross stitch and reading cookbooks..I was diagnosed with Acute Myeloid Leukemia almost a year ago, on September 26, 2005....was in an out of the hospital for 8 months, doing intensive chemo...I am doing well now, thanks for all the prayers...