Recipe by Mirj
This is a good way to start your morning, get your day going, finish off the day, hey, this is just a good thing to eat any time.
Top Review by mal in missouri
Yummm! These muffins are so good, they (almost) make me eager to get out of bed in the morning :) I added 1/2 cup pecans and 1 tsp. orange extract just because I liked the added flavor. These also freeze well. Thanks for another great recipe, Mirjam!
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ginger
- 1⁄8 teaspoon allspice
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 cup buttermilk
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 (14 ounce) can crushed pineapple, drained
- 3⁄4 cup finely grated carrot
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400°F degrees.
- Lightly spray 12 muffin cups or line with paper cups.
- Stir flour together with baking powder, baking soda, salt, spices and sugar in a large mixing bowl.
- Whisk egg in a medium-size bowl with buttermilk, oil and vanilla.
- Stir in pineapple.
- Pour into flour mixture and stir until just combined.
- Stir in carrots and raisins.
- Spoon batter into muffin cups.
- Bake 15-17 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.