Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
I didn't name them, (even though I'm Mormon I think it's a stupid name) but they are SO GOOD! Mormons are big on keeping food storage, stocking up on things when they are cheap. This recipe can be made from things you have stored, you can even use dehydrated onions, instead of fresh, and canned lima beans, instead of frozen. I modified this recipe to make it healthier, and I always serve it with sweet cornbread.
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1 small onion, minced
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon yellow mustard
- 1⁄4 cup vinegar
- 2 (16 ounce) cans pork and beans
- 10 ounces frozen lima beans
- Brown turkey & onions together, meanwhile, prepare lima beans according to pkg. directions and drain.
- Combine everything for the sauce and mix until smooth.
- Mix everything together and pour into a 9X13 baking dish.
- Bake at 400* for 45 minutes.
- Serve with cornbread and a salad.