Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
From Guy Fieri's Food cookbook, these are loaded with flavor. Three different kinds of beans give it lots of protein, served with a cilantro mayonnaise, you're gonna like these. Made as a tribute for Guy's sister, Morgan, he says she has become a fanatic for them. They have gone on the menu at Johnny Garlic's restaurant.
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons diced red onions
- 2 tablespoons diced black olives
- 2 tablespoons diced red bell peppers
- 1 teaspoon diced jalapeno
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons diced garlic
- 1 tablespoon diced artichoke heart (jarred in water, not marinated)
- 1⁄2 cup cooked black beans, drained
- 1⁄2 cup cooked chickpeas, drained
- 1⁄2 cup cooked white beans, drained
- 3⁄4 cup rolled oats
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sweet Hungarian paprika
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1⁄2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon celery salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground sage
- 2 tablespoons seasoned bread crumbs
- 1 egg
- 4 whole grain hamburger buns
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, minced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- In a medium skillet over medium heat, drizzle 2 tbls. of the olive oil. Add the onions, olives, red bell pepper, jalapeno, garlic and artichoke. Cook until the onion is translucent, about 8 minutes.
- Transfer the mixture to a big bowl and let cool. Add the beans and the chickpeas to the cooked vegetables and mix thoroughly. Add the oats, paprika, chili powder, oregano, parsley, red pepper flakes, cumin, celery salt, sage, bread crumbs, and egg, mixing well.
- Form into four patties, cover and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- To make the cilantro mayo, in a small bowl, mix the mayonnaise, cilantro, salt and pepper together.
- Heat the remaining 2 tbls. olive oil in a large skillet over medium high heat and cook the patties 2-3 minutes per side, until nicely browned.
- Serve on buns with the cilantro mayo.