Recipe by Pardeemom
These are very crisp, crunchy cookies that are full of chocolatey goodness. A big hit in our house. For this recipe I recommend weighing your oats, I found that when using a measuring cup I get way too many oats as opposed to using the weight on the carton. I also used a medium cookie scoop to measure out the cookies (probably 1/8th of a cup). Since it makes 66 cookies I recommend making some dough balls and freezing them until firm, then putting them in a freezer bag to bake at a later time. Then you can just pull out what you need and bake them. Prep time is an estimate.
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 2 cups brown sugar, packed
- 2 large eggs
- 2 large egg whites
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 6 cups rolled oats
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 (11 1/2 ounce) bag milk chocolate chips
- 1 (14 ounce) bag M&M's plain chocolate candy
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 350.
- Combine the butter and peanut butter until smooth.
- Add brown sugar, eggs, egg whites and vanilla.
- Beat until smooth.
- Add oats, baking soda, and salt.
- Hand mix in chocolate chips and M&Ms.
- Drop spoonsfuls of dough at least 2 inches apart on cookie sheet.
- Bake for 15-17 minutes or until golden.
- Let cool for a few minutes on sheet and then put on wire rack to cool.