SCD Chewy Monster Cookies
photo by Erika W.
- Ready In:
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter, softened (I actually use salted...doesn't seem to matter)
- 3⁄4 cup honey
- 1 large egg, lightly-beaten
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract (no added sugars)
- 3 cups almond flour, blanched
- 1 cup raisins
- 1 cup walnuts or 1 cup pecans, chopped
- 1 cup shredded coconut, unsweetened
- Preheat the oven to 325° F.
- Mix the ingredients in the order listed and drop the dough by heaping tablespoons onto.
- cookie sheets that have been lined with parchment paper. Flatten each dough glob with.
- dampened fingers.
- Bake the cookies for 15-20 minutes until golden-brown (I haven't made these in a while -- that sounds like a long time for a cookie to bake -- try 10 minutes and check on them first). Cool them for 10 minutes on the cookie sheets, then transfer them to wire racks. When completely cool, store the cookies in an airtight container.
- They freeze well.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!