- Ready In:
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup margarine, softened
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon light syrup (Karo or pancake)
- 1 1⁄2 cups peanut butter
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 4 1⁄2 cups oatmeal
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 4 ounces M&M's plain chocolate candy or 4 ounces M&M's peanut chocolate candies
- Mix ingredients in order given.
- Drop by teaspoonful on ungreased cookie sheet. Bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes.
- (I bake mine 10 - 12 minutes). - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Join The Conversation
The flavor of these cookies are pretty outstanding! I don't think I've ever made a cookie with no flour---so next time I'll make sure I measure out the oatmeal very carefully so there's enough of a binder. Baking time for me was about 9 minutes with a big cookie scoop. But when I tried to remove a cookie after cooling for a minute---it fell apart. I waited a good 5-6 minutes before removing and that was better. I also found that flattening them helped with the spreading (despite the baking soda added!) I also think it would be better to cream the butter, sugars eggs, vanilla, and PB before adding the dry ingredients---and then adding the M&M's last (as someone else suggested). This makes a good amount of cookies, too!