Recipe by Bec
A recipe for the classic cookies that isn't on such a "monster" of a scale.
Top Review by Chef AngieW
these are excellent! Exactly what I was looking for in a monster cookie! I used half butter and half shortening. I had mini m&ms so I used them. I only had 8 1/2 cups of oatmeal (I doubled the recipe) so to make up for the 1/2 cup I threw in some oat bran and toasted wheat germ. You can't even tell it is in there and I feel better about my family eating them. I forgot that monster cookies don't have flour in them but you even tell. Also, I used part old fashioned oats and quick oats which I think give the cookies a good chewy texture. I'm sure they won't last long around my house!
- 1 1⁄4 cups peanut butter
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 large eggs, beaten
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon corn syrup
- 3⁄4 teaspoon vanilla
- 4 1⁄2 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1 (6 ounce) package chocolate chips
- 1 (6 ounce) package M&M's plain chocolate candy
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 350°.
- Cream butter, peanut butter and the granulated and brown sugar together.
- Add beaten eggs, baking soda, corn syrup and vanilla.
- Mix well.
- Stir in oats, chocolate chips, and M&M's.
- Drop by rounded tablespoons onto greased cookie sheets.
- Bake 12-15 minutes.