Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
We love monkfish--it is a lot like lobster. This recipe is easy and delicious.
- 1 lb monk fish
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 3⁄4 cup flour
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄2 cup white wine (optional)
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
- 3 tablespoons butter
- Cut monkfish into 8 pieces.
- Dredge in flour seasoned with salt and pepper.
- Heat skillet over medium heat; add 4 tablespoons butter.
- Sauté fish in melted 1 minute on each side, till nicely browned.
- Remove from skillet.
- Add wine, lemon and parsley to skillet and reduce by half.
- Add 3 tablespoons butter to lemon mixture, shake skillet.
- Serve over fish.
Thanks Barb, this was just gorgeous and so easy to produce a fabulous meal. My DH thought there was too much lemon juice, I disagree and since I cook it...............! It did not make enough sauce for me so I will have to tweak it a bit next time. I think I didn't add enough white wine. I drank it instead.
I was afraid that the sauce would be too acidic and too little of it (I also halved the butter in both steps), so I added some vegetable broth and it was perfect. Definitely restaurant quality. Thank you.
Have prepared Monkfish before and was not pleased. This recipe was excellent. Did halve the butter for both steps (trying to cut down, you know!) and it still worked beautifully. Thanks Barb!