Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
The Monkey said these were the bestest chicken fingers I have ever made so I had to write the recipe down for the next time. They came out crunchy on the outside and juicy on the inside.
- 3 lbs chicken tenders
- 1 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1 cup flour, divided
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon black pepper, fresh coarse ground
- 1 teaspoon sea salt (or creole seasoning)
- 1⁄2 packet good seasons italian seasoning mix
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- Pour enough oil in pan to fill about half way. While heating:.
- Mix egg, milk, and Italian dressing mix in a shallow bowl and put aside.
- Mix panko, 1/2 c flour, bread crumbs, onion powder, garlic powder, salt, and pepper in a shallow bowl and put aside.
- Dust chicken with the remaining 1/2 c flour.
- Shaking off extra flour dip chicken first in egg mixture then coat well with panko mixture and set aside.
- When all the chicken is coated fry about 6 or so at a time so as not to crowd the pan. Let cook about 3 minutes on each side or until golden brown and cooked through. Remove from pan and drain on paper towels and serve with favorite dipping sauces or slice and use as a salad topping.
This chicken is so good! I used 1 LARGE b/s chicken breast (about 1 lb) that I cut into nuggets; but otherwise followed the recipe exactly. Made this for DS since they don't eat the shrimp I was making and they both enjoyed it. I also had a couple pieces and DH ate the chicken instead of the shrimp. I love panko but by itself the DSs don't eat it; mixed with the bread crumbs it was perfect! Made for PAC Fall 2011.