Recipe by JPsBarbie
The Monkey said these were the bestest chicken fingers I have ever made so I had to write the recipe down for the next time. They came out crunchy on the outside and juicy on the inside.
Top Review by AZPARZYCH
This chicken is so good! I used 1 LARGE b/s chicken breast (about 1 lb) that I cut into nuggets; but otherwise followed the recipe exactly. Made this for DS since they don't eat the shrimp I was making and they both enjoyed it. I also had a couple pieces and DH ate the chicken instead of the shrimp. I love panko but by itself the DSs don't eat it; mixed with the bread crumbs it was perfect! Made for PAC Fall 2011.
- 3 lbs chicken tenders
- 1 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1 cup flour, divided
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon black pepper, fresh coarse ground
- 1 teaspoon sea salt (or creole seasoning)
- 1⁄2 packet good seasons italian seasoning mix
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 cup milk
Directions See How It's Made
- Pour enough oil in pan to fill about half way. While heating:.
- Mix egg, milk, and Italian dressing mix in a shallow bowl and put aside.
- Mix panko, 1/2 c flour, bread crumbs, onion powder, garlic powder, salt, and pepper in a shallow bowl and put aside.
- Dust chicken with the remaining 1/2 c flour.
- Shaking off extra flour dip chicken first in egg mixture then coat well with panko mixture and set aside.
- When all the chicken is coated fry about 6 or so at a time so as not to crowd the pan. Let cook about 3 minutes on each side or until golden brown and cooked through. Remove from pan and drain on paper towels and serve with favorite dipping sauces or slice and use as a salad topping.