Prep 30 mins
Cook 12 hrs
Messy but deeee-licious , rich caramel sweet rolls are a favorite.
- 6 frozen cinnamon sweet roll dough
- 1⁄3 cup chopped pecans
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup caramel ice cream topping
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- The night before, grease a baking sheet with shortening. Place frozen rolls about 2 inches apart on prepared baking sheet. Cover with plastic wrap. Chill in refrigerator overnight to let dough thaw and begin to rise.
- Generously grease twelve 2 1/2-inch muffin cups with shortening. Divide the pecans evenly among the muffin cups. Save until Step 4.
- Turn on oven to 350 degrees. Put butter in a microwave-safe bowl. Cover bowl with waxed paper. microwave on 100% power (high) for 20 seconds or until butter is melted. Using hot pads, remove bowl from microwave. Place sugar in a small bowl.
- Use kitchen scissors to cut each roll in four pieces. Dip each piece into melted butter, then roll in sugar. Place two dough pieces in each prepared muffin cup. Drizzle with any remaining melted butter; sprinkle with remaining sugar.
- In a small bowl combine ice cream topping and maple-flavored syrup; drizzle over top of rolls. Place muffin pan in a large shallow baking pan.
- Put pan in oven. Bake about 20 minutes or until rolls are golden brown. Turn off oven. Use hot pads to remove pan from oven. Place pan on a wire rack and cool 1 minute. Place large plate on top of muffin pan. Using hot pads turn plate and pan over so plate is on the bottom. Carefully lift muffin pan to invert rolls onto plate. Spoon any topping and nuts that remain in muffin cups onto rolls. Cool slighty. Serve warm.
- Serve with scrambled eggs, mixed fresh fruit, and orange juice.