photo by danettekok
- Ready In:
- In a small bowl, mix milk with water. Add sugar, yeast, and butter. Stir until yeast is dissolved and set aside for 10 minutes or until yeast has foamed up a bit.
- In a large bowl, mix flour and salt. Use the lower amount of flour to start with and add more only if the dough is really too sticky.
- Add yeast mixture to flour and mix.
- Knead until smooth and elastic. (I use a hand mixer with a kneading attachment.).
- Place in greased bowl, cover tightly with plastic wrap, and let rise in a warm place for 15 minutes.
- Oil your hands and shape the dough into rolls and place in a well-greased pan. I use 2 round non-stick cake pans.
- Cover loosely with plastic wrap and let rise another 15 minutes.
- Bake at 400 for about 10 minutes or until golden brown.
- Let these cool down before you remove them from the pan or they will likely tear.
My family loved these rolls so much, I've been forbidden from trying to make any other recipe. One question though, is the butter melted and then cooled to room temperature or just put in solid at room temperature. I did the latter and clearly, the results were fine but it was harder to mix in the flour and be sure it was distributed evenly.