Prep 25 mins
Cook 35 mins
This is a longtime favorite family recipe. I always loved when mom had this made when coming home after a day of school! Great for parties and pitch-ins or for an everyday treat!
- Cut biscuits into quarter pieces and roll in cinnamon and sugar mixture.
- Dissolve sugar and brown sugar into butter.
- Put a layer of biscuits in the bottom of a bundt pan, repeat process until half-way through.
- Pour half of mixture over top;place remaining biscuits in pan and pour rest of mixture on top.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30-35 minutes.
This is so good. The butter and sugar carmelizes while the biscuits cook. My DH was really impressed. My 15 yo DS called it Monkey Ball Bread. Boys!
This was FABULOUS! I made it for my Bible study and it disappeared in minutes! I used pillsbury buttermilk biscuits (the small kind, 10 to a can) and baked it in a bundt pan. Next time I think I will use a few tablespoons less butter (especially with the buttermilk biscuits) but there will definitely be a next time!
I used 4 cans of biscuits, not the small ones but 8 to a can...too many. I took it out of the oven and tried to turn it out but it stuck...no mention of coating the pan in the directions and it was a non-stick. I loved the idea but obviously this didn't work for me. It would be helpful to have more specific directions in the recipe to prevent problems for non-cooks like me.