Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
I KNOW there are as many "white clam sauce" recipes as there are clams in the ocean BUT my Mom's recipe is really simple and really delicious. Whenever anyone tastes her Linguine and clam sauce they MUST have the recipe.
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 6 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 2 (6 ounce) cans minced clams
- 1⁄2 cup white wine
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 8 ounces linguine
- 1⁄4 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- Saute garlic and onion in olive oil, do not brown.
- Drain clams reserving 1/2 cup of clam juice.
- Add the reserved clam juice and wine to onion and garlic and bring to a boil.
- Cook over medium heat for 10 minutes until mixture is reduced by half.
- Stir in clams and spices, simmering for 5 minutes.
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Drain pasta, add clam sauce and pasta to pasta pot and mix well.
- Sprinkle bread crumbs on top and serve immediately.