Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
My mother-in-law gave me this recipe. We absolutely love it! I cook it for several hours in the crock pot, and I usually double or even triple it, because my family loves having the leftovers!
- Combine all ingredients in your crock pot.
- Allow to cook at least 8 hours on low (in the older Crockpots -- the newer ones sometimes seem to cook too high). I usually cook mine overnight, then even allow it to cook part of the day before turning it to warm.
- ***It can also be cooked on the stove, if you need it to get done sooner. In this case, you may want to leave the water out.
- Enjoy on hot dogs (or "saucedogs" for my daughter who doesn't like hotdogs, and only eats sauce on a bun LOL) or use as a sloppy joe filling!
- I'm not sure about the serving amount below.
Sweet and spicy, I didn't have time to use the crock pot and just simmered this in my cast iron pan for 2 hours or so until it was supper time. I only added about 1 cup of water since I was short on cooking time. Next time when I have more cooking time to use the crock pot, I might leave out the brown sugar since the tomato juice and ketchup have alot of sugar in it already. Made this for Spring Pick A Chef 09. Thanks for help with supper!
I had a problem with it being to thin. So I doubled the ground beef and cooked it all night and all day. It had a very good taste. Clean up on the crock pot was time consuming. Thank you.