1/4 Photos of Mom's Roast Beef
6 hrs 10 mins
You can do this in the oven, or in the crockpot. Easy to make, and makes even the cheapest cuts of meat turn out falling-apart tender. MMMM.... My mom has been making this since I was a wee tike and is a tradition in our family at big get-togethers. The gravy goes great on Mashed Potatoes...
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Trim any super large pieces of fat from the meat, but leave a lot of fat on, it makes it tender.
- 2Score the meat in several places.
- 3Mix all ingredients together and pour over meat.
- 4Cover and marinate overnight, flipping occasionally.
- 5The next day, put the meat AND the marinade in a 5-6.5 quart Crockpot and set on low.
- 6Cook on low for 6-9 hours depending greatly on your crockpot until the meat is falling apart tender.
- 7In my 6,5 L crockpot it took only 5 1/2 hours.
- 8Shred the meat roughly and serve with potatoes using the juice as gravy. Do not throw out the Juices from the pan -- save it with the meat.
- 9Alternatively, cook it in the oven.
- 10In a covered pan and bake at 300 degrees for 3 hours for 4 pounds and 4 hours for 5 pounds.
- 11Baste occasionally.
- 12Take out and slice.
- 13Replace it in the pan and pour some of the marinade over brisket. Increase the temperature to 350 degrees and continue baking for another hour, uncovered.
Browse Our Top Roast Beef Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mom's Roast Beef
Serving Size: 1 (257 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 589.7
- Calories from Fat 434
- Total Fat 48.2 g
- Saturated Fat 19.4 g
- Cholesterol 132.4 mg
- Sodium 1841.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 2.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 0.6 g
- Protein 34.3 g