Recipe by Swan Valley Tammi
I believe this is a Betty Crocker recipe (hence the "BC") that my mom has used for years to make the best garlic dill pickles.
- 36 -40 pickling cucumbers (3 to 3-1/2 inches, washed and scrubbed)
- 7 1⁄2 cups water
- 5 cups vinegar (5-6% acidity)
- 1⁄2 cup pickling salt
- 2 tablespoons pickling salt
- 6 heads fresh dill
- 6 slices onions, 1/2-inch thick
- 12 garlic cloves
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix water, vinegar and both measures of salt in Dutch oven; heat to boiling.
- Place a dill head, onion slice, and 2 garlic cloves in each of 6 hot quart jars.
- Pack cukes in jars, leaving 1/2-inch head space. Cover with boiling brine, still leaving 1/2-inch head space.
- Wipe jar rims, seal, and process in boiling water bath for 10 minutes.