Prep 5 mins
Cook 40 mins
I found this in mom's recipe file after she died and knew I just had to make sure I had a copy of it. What better place to put the recipe than here, since that means I can print it from anywhere I can get online? As a child it was one of my favorite desserts, even though mom only made it for pot-lucks and such. She usually made it with walnuts. She also noted that this could be frozen. I need to try this with 1 cup whipping cream whipped for the top layer and not in the cream cheese layer. (I'm trying to get away from using Cool Whip.)
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 3⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄4 cup nuts, chopped
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 (8 ounce) carton Cool Whip, separated
- 3⁄4 cup powdered sugar
- 2 (3 ounce) packages instant pistachio pudding mix
- 2 1⁄2 cups milk
- cherries, chopped (optional)
- Crust: Combine flour, butter, nuts and sugar and bake in 9x13 pan at 375° for 15 minutes. Cool.
- 1st layer: Mix cream cheese, 1/2 carton Cool Whip, and powdered sugar and spread on crust.
- 2nd layer: Beat pudding mix and milk for 2 minutes. Then spread on top.
- 3rd layer: Top with remaining Cool Whip. Ganish with additional nuts or chopped cherries.
My Nee had this recipe forever and I had lost my copy of it. I was SO glad to find this one here. Made it the other night and it was just like I remembered hers. Light, tasty and very easy to make. Thank you so much for posting this recipe!
I have just saved this as I have all the ingredients on hand. I will make it soon and then rate it. I am anxious to make it as it reads like a very tasty dessert!