Recipe by puppitypup
Every family likes their pickles best, but when I share these, everyone else's family likes ours best too! Once you've had these on your sandwiches, you'll be spoiled for life.
- 7 lbs cucumbers, peeled and sliced
- 1 cup pickling lime
- 1 gallon water
- 2 quarts white vinegar
- 9 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons celery seeds
- 2 teaspoons whole cloves
- 3 tablespoons mixed pickling spices
- 5 teaspoons salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix lime into water in large plastic bowl, add cucumbers and soak for 24 hours.
- Drain and rinse and cover with clear water. let soak for 3 hours then drain.
- Heat vinegar, sugar, spices and salt in large pan and add cucumbers.
- Cook slowly for 35 minutes or until cucumbers appear clear.
- Pack in hot and sterilized canning jars with new lids.
- Note: I keep my jars in a pan filled part way with hot water while I fill them. Then wipe the rim with a clean cloth and put the hot lid on top and screw the ring on, not too tight. After the jars cool, test the lids. If they don't burp then you don't need to keep them refrigerated until opening.