Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
Peanut butter criss cross cookies that I grew up with. Love these things and they are definitely a family favorite.
- 1 cup shortening
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 1 cup white sugar
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Thoroughly cream shortening, sugars, eggs, and vanilla.
- Stir in peanut butter.
- Sift dry ingredients. (I usually do not sift them together.).
- Stir into cream mixture.
- Drop by rounded teaspoon on ungreased cookie sheet.
- Press with back of fork dipped in flour to make crisscrosses.
- Bake in 350 degree oven about 10 minutes.
This is great ! My husband like salt so I added course salt to the tops and mashed with the tongs of the fork. He LOVED IT !!