Recipe by akanails76
This is comfort food to me. My mom made this probably once every other week when I was growing up, we'd have it over toast or egg noodles. Great either way. This is an easy recipe despite the long list of instructions. I have taught my 12 yo to cook this and he does it easily.
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups light cream
- 3 beaten egg yolks
- 5 ounces lobsters, broken in large pieces
- 3 tablespoons white wine
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- toast points or egg noodles
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt butter in skillet; blend in flour.
- Add cream all at once.
- Cook, stirring constantly, till sauce thickens & bubbles.
- Stir small amount of hot mixture into egg yolks; return remainder of egg yolks to hot mixture, stirring constantly until it thickens again.
- Add lobster, heat through.
- Add wine, lemon juice and salt. Stir.
- Sprinkle with paprika.
- Serve over toast or noodles.
- Crab Newberg : Substitute 1 cup flaked, cooked crab meat.
- Shrimp Newberg : Substitute 2 cups cleaned cooked shrimp.
- Imitation seafood can be used.