Recipe by Rob Hoff
I got this from my mother. She loved to prepare it for us. I hope you'll enjoy.
Top Review by Diamondlil
This is just like the goulash from the 1950's that my mom would often make. The only change I made was to add 2 tsp paprika. The ketchup really gives it a good flavor. I am glad I came across this recipe.
- 1 lb hamburger
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 (6 ounce) can sliced mushrooms
- 2 cups chopped celery
- 14 ounces canned tomatoes
- 1⁄2 cup ketchup
- 8 ounces egg noodles, cooked
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 ounce parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large pot brown hamburger with onion.
- In a separate pot cook noodles.
- Drain excess fat from hamburger.
- Add mushrooms, celery, tomatoes, catchup, salt and pepper to hamburger.
- Simmer for 10-15 minutes.
- Add cooked noodles.
- Simmer additional 10-15 minutes.
- Top with sprinkle Parmesan cheese if desired.