Mom's Goulash Aka Cheeseburger Mac
photo by Angel Stowe
- Ready In:
- 1 lb pasta (I use medium shells)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 - 3⁄4 cup nonfat milk
- 8 ounces Velveeta cheese
- 4 ounces mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 4 ounces cheddar cheese, shredded
- salt and pepper (optional)
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 green pepper, minced
- 1⁄2 medium onion, minced
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes, drained
- garlic salt (optional)
- Cook the pasta per directions.
- Drain noodles and set heat to low.
- Add butter and melt.
- Add milk and stir, being sure sure it's not too hot because your milk could curdle in the heat.
- Add cheese and stir until it melts, salt and pepper to taste. Keep on low.
- In a separate dish, combine ground beef, pepper, onion, and garlic salt, and cook until meat is brown.
- Turn on low and cover until pepper/onion starts to soften.
- Add the tomatoes, cover, and let simmer for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Combine and nom :).
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I have lived in NE Oklahoma for most of my life, but recently I moved to Memphis, TN. I live with my husband Ron and our two cats, Inara and Clara. I'm a recent college graduate (Bachelors in Accounting) but currently working for a temp agency doing data entry work. My husband is currently pursuing the same degree (but don't think we're boring because we want to be accountants!!). I like cooking but rarely have the time! Between taking care of my 3 babies (hehe..), working, commuting, and cleaning.. there's not much time to be creative in the kitchen! I'm in the transition between eating out every night at the worst places and starting Weight Watchers with my husband (and cooking at home every day, trying to stay under points!). Recipezaar has already helped us out a lot. We enjoy spending time with our friends, playing Rock Band (yah!!), playing WoW, and loving our cats! We both enjoy comedy movies and television. And FoodNetwork!