Recipe by Wildflour
This salad is served at every family function from B-days to Thanksgiving! I don't know the origin of it, my mom started making it from when we were all very little. It's a MUST HAVE at my house! Don't substitute the ingredients, though, it won't turn out. Been there, tried it, failed, lol. It's awesome just as is!!!!
Top Review by Michele Lee
This recipe is awesome as another viewer stated. I made exactly as stated. My only complaint is I did as recomended by letting it sit overnight and even though it was lightly dressed, the lettuce was soggy. Next time I will do it no more than an hour or so in advance. And there will be a next time...Thanks.
- 1 head lettuce, cut bit-sized
- 1 head cauliflower, cut into small pieces (the flower part)
- 1 (3 ounce) jar hormel real bacon bits (see note)
- 1 medium onion, halved, sliced thin
- Miracle Whip, to lightly coat (Do not sub or use light)
- 7⁄8 ounce McCormick Salad Supreme Seasoning, 1/3 of a 2 . 62 oz. bottle (do not sub.!)
- 5 1⁄3 ounces canned parmesan cheese, 2/3 of the green can kind
Directions See How It's Made
- Note: The bottle says equivilant to 1 1/2 lbs bacon and do NOT sub immitation; You can also use the new kind that comes in a sealed pouch, use 3/4 to 1 cup, depending on how much bacon flavor you like.
- In large bowl, toss all ingredients.
- Add enough Miracle Whip to lightly coat all.
- Stir all well, chill at least one hour or overnight.
- Best overnight, though.