Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
This salad is served at every family function from B-days to Thanksgiving! I don't know the origin of it, my mom started making it from when we were all very little. It's a MUST HAVE at my house! Don't substitute the ingredients, though, it won't turn out. Been there, tried it, failed, lol. It's awesome just as is!!!!
- 1 head lettuce, cut bit-sized
- 1 head cauliflower, cut into small pieces (the flower part)
- 1 (3 ounce) jar hormel real bacon bits (see note)
- 1 medium onion, halved, sliced thin
- Miracle Whip, to lightly coat (Do not sub or use light)
- 7⁄8 ounce McCormick Salad Supreme Seasoning, 1/3 of a 2 . 62 oz. bottle (do not sub.!)
- 5 1⁄3 ounces canned parmesan cheese, 2/3 of the green can kind
- Note: The bottle says equivilant to 1 1/2 lbs bacon and do NOT sub immitation; You can also use the new kind that comes in a sealed pouch, use 3/4 to 1 cup, depending on how much bacon flavor you like.
- In large bowl, toss all ingredients.
- Add enough Miracle Whip to lightly coat all.
- Stir all well, chill at least one hour or overnight.
- Best overnight, though.
This recipe is awesome as another viewer stated. I made exactly as stated. My only complaint is I did as recomended by letting it sit overnight and even though it was lightly dressed, the lettuce was soggy. Next time I will do it no more than an hour or so in advance. And there will be a next time...Thanks.
This is so good and simple. Thanks for the recipe.
I made with broccoli instead of cauliflower and it was awesome! I used real parmesan cheese in mine and it was devine!