- 1 (18 ounce) box yellow cake mix
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 1⁄2 cup sugar or 1⁄2 cup Splenda sugar substitute
- 2 cups shredded coconut
- 3 1⁄2 cups Cool Whip
Directions See How It's Made
- prepare cake according to package directions.
- Combine milk, sugar or Splenda,and 1/2 cup coconut in saucepan . Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for 1 minute.
- Poke holes in cake with a fork.
- Spoon mixture over warm cake and allow to cool completely.
- Fold half of the remaining coconut into whipped topping and spread over cake. top with the remaining coconut and refrigerate.