Recipe by Teresa M
A easy-to-make inexpensive potato salad. The homemade dressing for this is really good and I feel what makes it so good, and works equally well with macaroni salad. This is my mom's recipe, and her mom made it before her. I use about 6 hard-boiled eggs because I like my potato salad with more eggs. The prep and cook time is only a estimate, as I've never timed how long it takes to make this. If you use mayo instead of Miracle Whip I'd suggest starting with only 1 T. sugar and adding more to taste as mayo is sweeter than Miracle Whip. And of course please feel free to adapt this recipe ingredient-wise to your familie's preferences.
Top Review by ROSAMARIA
Hello teresa: congradulations! You have come up with a winner(even tho I am italian) I organized a cooking club and used this recipe it was a huge success, I also made extra sauce, and I did use 6 eggs. Thank you. This is a keeper.
- 1⁄4 cup vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 6 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 dash pepper
- 1 teaspoon mustard
- 2 eggs, well beaten
- 1 cup salad dressing (I use Miracle Whip, but you can you mayo or anything you like)
- 4 -5 cups potatoes, cooked and cubed
- 3 hard-boiled eggs
- 1⁄4 cup celery, diced
- 2 tablespoons onions, diced
- 1⁄4 cup sweet pickle relish
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine first 6 ingredients and bring to a boil.
- Gradually beat in well-beaten eggs.
- Cook, stirring constantly until slightly thickened.
- Remove from heat and add salad dressing.
- Mix well and pour over potato, egg, celery, onion and relish.
- Add more salt and pepper if desired.
- Refrigerate until well-chilled and enjoy.