Prep 30 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is everyone's favorite! It's also easy to multiply ingredients for larger quantity.
- 10 medium red potatoes (8 cups)
- 4 stalks celery, diced
- 1 1⁄2 cups green peppers, diced
- 1 cup onion, diced
- 6 hard-boiled eggs, diced
- 1 1⁄2 cups Miracle Whip (or Mayonnaise)
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 6 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1 lb bacon, cooked and crumbled (put grease to side for later use)
- Scrub potatoes under running water with a brush. Leave skins on potatoes. Boil approximately 20 minutes until potatoes are fork tender.
- Peel while still slightly warm and dice (1 inch pieces or your size preference) into large bowl.
- Add celery, green pepper, onion, hard boiled eggs, and bacon to the potatoes. Gently mix together.
- In separate bowl, combine Miracle Whip, vinegar and cup milk. Stir mixture until well mixed and smooth. Add additional milk if needed to make mixture smooth and creamy, but not too thin. Do a little taste before combining with potatoes to see if you may want to add more vinegar for taste. Pour over potato mixture and gently mix/fold so that potatoes are all coated.
- *Adding about 2 Tbsp of bacon grease helps flavor slightly but if you are worried about too much fat, don't use the grease. Always put bacon grease in last and stir/fold in well.
- If it appears that the potato mixture isn't "creamy" enough, mix approximately 1/4 to 1/2 cup additional Miracle Whip and 2 Tbsp vinegar (taste and adjust) and add to the potato mix. Cover bowl and refrigerate.