Recipe by CandyTX
Another of Candy's mom's recipes - so you know it's going to be a little of this and a little of that. This is perfect for a cool or warm night... serve over rice or crackers.
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup celery, chopped
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 tablespoon salad oil
- 16 ounces tomatoes, diced
- 8 ounces tomato sauce
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- hot pepper sauce, to taste
- 3⁄4 lb shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1⁄2 cup green pepper, diced
- cornstarch, to thicken, if desired
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown onion and celery.
- Add everything, except shrimp, into a pot and bring to a boil.
- Add shrimp.
- Shrimp will cook very quickly, within 5 minutes -- Shrimp will appear nice and pink.
- I usually let it slowly simmer 15 minutes or so to let the flavor get through it.
- This is also a great make - ahead and freeze dish. It only gets better the longer it sits.
- We serve it over rice or with crackers and a side salad.