Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Oh my gosh-if you've NEVER had a black bottom cupcake you just don't realize what you're missing-Chocolate cake meets chocolate chip cheesecake in a cupcake!!!When I was a kid my mom was afraid to let me know of the vinegar (1 teaspoon) cuz she was afraid I'd bug out (c'mon kids don't think vinegar goes in cake batter!) but ya gotta try these!!!
Cake as follows
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup cocoa (Hershey's preferably)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup water
- 1⁄3 cup canola oil (Wesson preferably)
- 1 teaspoon vinegar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
Topping as follows
- 8 ounces Philadelphia Cream Cheese
- 1 large egg
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- chocolate chips
- Pre-heat oven to 350°.
- Mix together all the cake ingredients-fill lined cupcake pans half full.
- In separate bowl mix all the topping ingredients together-place 1/2 teaspoon of cream cheese mix on top of each cupcake.
- Top with chocolate chips (about eight per cupcake but who actually counts (except my mom).
- Bake for 15-18 minutes or until done.
- Let cool before serving.
I have been making these for years. One of my favorites.
Five stars for flavour and texture! Next time I'll put more topping onto the cupcakes though, because I ended up with too much topping and not enough cake batter. (This recipe made 19 cupcakes for me, not 24 which is unfortunate since they're so delicious!)
These were very good.I added 1 teaspoon of baking soda to the cake because this is one half of a wacky cake recipe and I think the soda was left out by mistake.I beat the cream cheese mixture with my mixer,but the cake can be mixed up easily with a spoon.These are fast,easy and moist.