Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
This is how Mom Florence made her potato salad; uses instant mashed potatoes; it is good and it was just put together by taste; yes, another one of those, lol. You can use leftover mashed potatoes for this recipe; that is what Mom did.
- 2 1⁄3 cups water
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 2 1⁄2 cups instant potato flakes
- 1⁄2 cup Miracle Whip
- 3 eggs, hard boiled, peeled
- 2 teaspoons mustard
- 1⁄2 cup pickle relish, sweet or 1⁄2 cup dill, you choose
- 1⁄4 cup onion, diced
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- Make the potatoes by boiling water, milk, and pepper; add instant potato flakes.
- should be pretty stiff
- Add Miracle Whip or mayonnaise if you prefer.
- Dice up hard boiled eggs.
- Add mustard to taste.
- Add relish. Mom started out with sweet relish but switched to dill after Dad got diabetes.
- Add onion.
- Now you may need more Miracle Whip, depending how you like it; adjust to taste.