Prep 30 mins
Cook 55 mins
My kids don't like meatloaf but they love this! It is wonderfully moist and flavorful. This is from the Stonyfield Farm web site. When I am short on time, I skip the saute the onion step and just mix it all together - tastes delicious!
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a non-stick skillet, cook onion and garlic in oil over moderate heat.
- Stire continously until onion is softened, about 2 minutes.
- Place onion and garlic in mixing bowl with salt, pepper, Worcestershire sauce, parsley and ketchup.
- Mix well.
- Stir in oats, yogurt and egg.
- Let stand 5 minutes.
- Add turkey and mix well with your hands.
- Place turkey mixture in a lightly oiled standard bread pan.
- Bake 50 to 55 minutes (until meat thermometer inserted into meatload registers 170 degrees).
- Let stand 5 minutes before serving.
Great flavor and the house smells amazing! I experimented with the food processor on this and found the texture to be too fine. But the flavor is fabulous!!
I liked this basic recipe. Next time (and there will be a next time-MA Hiker), I will add some herbs of choice--rosemary, sage and/or thyme--with an emphasis on rosemary to boost the flavors. This makes great sandwiches the next day.
This is my favorite go-to recipe and both of my kids love it. I make mini meatloaves in muffin cups, so they take only about 10 minutes to cook and leftovers are super easy to freeze.