Recipe by javagirl81
This is my recipe for a lower fat meatloaf, and the funny thing is, I used to hate ground turkey, until I came up with this recipe! Even my picky toddlers love this! They always ask for more.
Top Review by ramsey_penegar
YUM! This was so good!!! We used about 1/2 an onion and omitted the white rice & salt altogether. (We always leave out the salt.) We used parsley and dried basil. Used 2 cloves garlic instead of garlic powder. DH mixed 1 T brown sugar with 4 T ketchup for glaze. Even our extremely picky daughter ate it!
- 1 1⁄3 lbs ground turkey breast
- 1 small onion, minced
- 3 tablespoons ketchup
- 1⁄4 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 large egg
- 1⁄2 cup cooked white rice
- 1 tablespoon parsley
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 3 -4 tablespoons ketchup, for the glaze
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Mix all ingredients, except for the second amount of Ketchup in a large mixing bowl.
- Use your hands to completely combine everything.
- Spray a cookie sheet with cooking spray.
- Place all of the meat mixture on the cookie sheet, and shape it into a long rectangle. Pat it down to make sure that it will hold its shape while baking.
- Cover the meatloaf with aluminum foil, and bake, covered for approximately 35-45 minutes. After that time has elapsed, uncover, and brush on the ketchup. Bake another 15-20 minutes until the glaze is set.
- Note***If you have any leftover stuffing from Turkey day, (and you know you will -- ) you can substitute stuffing for the breadcrumbs -- yummy!