1/1 Photo of Moist Plum Pudding
7 hrs 25 mins
H A Sallehs's Note:
This recipe has no plums in it. It is tweaked from quite alot of other plum pudding/christmas pudding recipes. It is rather easy to make once you gather all the ingredients together. Suet is not used as it's not easy to get where I'm from. Coke and juice is used instead of brandy/alcohol. It turned out rich, dark, moist and has a rather festive aroma!
My Private Note
Large ( ...
Units: US | Metric
The Mixed fruits
- 250 g sultanas
- 250 g dark raisins
- 150 g dates (pitted & chopped coarsely)
- 100 g prunes (pitted & chopped coarsely)
- 100 g mixed peel (candied peels or freshly peeled from the real fruit)
- 100 g glace cherries
- 2 oranges (use both juices and rind)
- 1 lemon (use both juice and rind)
The Dry ingredients
- 200 g breadcrumbs (ground from normal white bread slices)
- 100 g flour (sifted)
- 180 g brown sugar
- 70 g sliced almonds or 70 g cubed almonds
- 2 -3 teaspoons mixed spice (depends on how aromatic you want it)
The Wet ingredients
- 1Soak the Mixed fruits in the juices of the orange & lemon for at least 6 hours or best overnight).
- 2Butter the suitable mould/basin all round. It is better to line the bottom of the mould with greaseproof paper to ensure the pudding does not stick when un-moulded.
- 3Boil a pot (if possible with a lid) of water that could fit the mould/basin.
- 4Combine all the Dry ingredients in a large mixing bowl and mix well with a wooden spoon.
- 5Add in the Mixed fruits and mix well again.
- 6Add in the Wet ingredients and mix well again.
- 7Pour into the mould/basin. Cover with greaseproof paper which fits the size of the top of the pudding.
- 8Use aluminium foil and fold a pleat in the centre (to allow the pudding to expand while cooking).
- 9Cover the mould/basin snugly & secure it with a string.
- 10Boil on Medium flame for first half hour and then turn down the heat and simmer for 7 hours.
- 11Once cooked, leave it to cool slightly before unwrapping and un-moulding.
- 12Remove the foil and paper and turn the pudding out on a plate. It would still feel soft as it is hot.
- 13Once totally cooled, wrap it in cling film and foil and refrigerate it for at least 2 weeks or up to a month before cutting and eating.
- 14NOTE: You can either use any heat-proof basin/mould that resembles a pudding basin which fits into your pot of hot water.
- 15NOTE: Although I only used Mixed spice, you can use Orange Essence or Vanilla essence for preference.
- 16All the best!
Browse Our Top Puddings and Mousses Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Puddings and Mousses Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Moist Plum Pudding
Serving Size: 1 (164 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 580.4
- Calories from Fat 188
- Total Fat 20.9 g
- Saturated Fat 10.6 g
- Cholesterol 102.3 mg
- Sodium 301.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 96.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.1 g
- Sugars 64.2 g
- Protein 8.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: