Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is a recipe book I came across called "Target Recipes" for the fit or the fat.
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 3 slices whole wheat bread
- 1⁄2 cup skim milk
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon mustard
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- ketchup (to put over top before baking)
- Break bread into small pieces and soak in milk for five minutes.
- Add remainder of ingredients and mix well.
- Shape into loaf and bake at 350° degrees for 1 1/4 hours.
Hubby loved the ketchup topping but I didn't care for it and if I make this one again I'll just put it on half and double the mustard and Worcestershire to boost the meatloaf flavor. Running the bread slices through the food processor to make crumbs first worked really well. I think that the kids in your family will really go for this :D
It's true that the meatloaf is moist. But next time I'll use white bread. Or maybe shred it in the food processor so the pieces are smaller. My son liked it with more ketchup on top. Thanks crazycookinmama :) Made for Bargain Basement tag game