Recipe by Papa D 1946-2012
This is a recipe I adapted from the internet. For buttermilk add 1 tablespoon white vinegar or lemon juice to a 1 cup measuring cup and add milk to the 1 cup mark, stir and let sit for 5 to 10 minutes. Make sure you grease and flour the bundt pan well or it will stick.
Top Review by Glory A.
The batter is way too much for one bundt cake. Good thing I put a pan under it or my oven would be a disaster....It is still baking but the overflow is terrible. I will edit and add a flavor review once it cools. Edited to add! It was the best tasting cake I have ever had!!!
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3⁄4 cup cocoa
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 3⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons instant coffee in 1 cup boiling water
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F Grease and flour a bundt pan and set aside.
- In the large bowl of a standing mixer, stir together sugar, flour, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Add eggs, buttermilk, melted butter and vanilla extract; beat 2 minutes on medium speed. Stir in coffee after it has cooled on low setting until completely incorporated. Note: the batter will now be VERY runny, this is normal.
- Pour batter into bundt pan and bake on second rack from the bottom of oven for 40 to 50 minutes, until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool for about 45 minutes to an hour on wire rack before removing from bundt pan.
- Apply frosting of choice.