Recipe by *Parsley*
A nice, moist, nutty bread. Great way to use up the last of the bananas that have gotten overripe.
Top Review by Evie*
This is really good, I have made a lot of banana breads and have enjoyed them all..but this one is definitely the best..I'm thinking it's the brown sugar that just gives the flavour boost. Looks lovely too..a nice caramel colour. Great recipe.
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 medium overripe bananas, mashed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pecans
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 325. Grease a 9" x 5" loaf pan.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat together butter and brown sugar until creamed. Beat in eggs, mashed bananas, and vanilla until creamy.
- In a seperate bowl, combine flour, salt, baking powder, cinnamon and nutmeg. Gradually add this dry mixture into creamed mixture and mix well. Batter will get thick.
- Stir in chopped pecans.
- Pour into greased loaf pan. Bake at 325 for 70-80 minutes.
- Makes 1 loaf.